Yes. It’s another trailer story. Hang in there with me a little longer and I promise, the excitement will change to some other Crazie subject.
What’s happened so far:
- Contracted a severe case of Mid Life Crisis-itis.
- Became obsessed with finding a Canned Ham (vintage camper).
- In one day’s time, flew to Denver – purchased camper – tucked it into a storage facility – flew home.
- Spent several days trying to figure out how in the heck I was going to get the thing from Denver to Kansas City, finally deciding to pay an anonymous man named Kevin to bring it to me.
- Anonymous Kevin has since had more truck trouble than the Detroit car companies, so my little 1955 Aljoa is somewhere in Frontier, CO.
I recently began a campaign to rescue my Aljoa by calling every friend and relative I could think of to drive out with me and pick it up. Although many, MANY people offered to help, the timing was never quite right.
One night, while I was whining to my friend, Mary, she said, “You’re a grown ass woman. Get in your car and drive over there to get it yourself!”
I hung up the phone and paced around the house. You know what? I thought, I am a grown ass woman. I can drive 1,000+ miles by myself, towing an unfamiliar 2,400 pound object behind my car. I went to sleep, confident in my ability to accomplish anything.
Then I woke up the next morning and thought, You know what? I am a grown ass woman! A grown ass woman who’s smart enough to figure out she doesn’t want to drive 1,000+ miles by herself, towing an unfamiliar 2,400 pound object behind her car.
So, it’s back to trusting Anonymous Kevin, who promises to deliver the little Aljoa to me FOR FREE, because I’ve been such a sweet little patient angel.
Of course, if it’s not sitting in my driveway when I get back from out of town, I’m driving out to Frontier to put some serious whoop-ass on Anonymous Kevin.